Leiv represents clients in complex antitrust investigations and litigation, including matters involving collusive conduct and monopolization. In addition, he has extensive experience handling class actions and multiparty litigation. Leiv has argued matters before federal and state courts, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Department of Justice, among other administrative agencies.
His experience ranges across industries and he is particularly well-versed in defending clients in the pharmaceutical and financial services industries, both of which have been the subject of government scrutiny for pricing practices. He is known for his ability to wade through dense statutes and contradictory guidance to achieve success for his clients in government and private antitrust matters.
A leader among his peers, Leiv was a partner at three global firms before founding Competition Law Partners with Jeff Blumenfeld.
- Represented international pharmaceutical manufacturer in multiple government investigations and litigation matters.
- Represented international auto parts manufacturer in multiple Section 1 investigations by the Department of Justice.
- Represented less-than-truckload carrier in federal multidistrict price-fixing class action litigation regarding fuel surcharges.
- Represented international rubber hose manufacturer in price-fixing investigation by the Department of Justice and related class action litigation.
- Represented international airline in price-fixing investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represented international freight forwarder in price-fixing investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represented international graphite manufacturer in price-fixing investigation by the Department of Justice and related class action litigation.
- Represented electronic bond trading platform in Section 1 investigation by the Department of Justice.
- Represented international medical device manufacturer in Department of Justice investigation into software licensing policies.
- Represented medical data company in an attempt by the Federal Trade Commission to undo a consummated merger.
- Represented international medical device manufacturer in monopolization litigation.
- Represented automotive additive maker in false advertising litigation brought by the Federal Trade Commission.
- Represented global electronics company in IP and monopolization trial involving telecommunications equipment.
On March 4, 2022, we filed a Complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York challenging the anticompetitive restrictions on the use of CUSIPs imposed by CUSIP Global Services, S&P Global, Inc., the American Bankers Association, and FactSet Research Systems Inc. We represent Dinosaur Financial Group LLC and Swiss Life Investment Management Holding AG, and will seek to represent a class of CUSIP users.